How To Configure DLINK DIR 822 Through Ethernet Cable With CISCO Modem?
Date : Aug 18, 2018
Views : 143
Comments : 0
Category : CISCO modem, DLINK dir 822, Ethernet cable, Dlink Customer Support Number, Dlink Tech Support Number, Dlink Customer Care Support
DLINK DIR 822 Through Ethernet Cable
Configure Cisco Modem
- First of all, power off your Cisco modem and then operating system. After this, take an ethernet cable and connect one of its end to the modem and another end to the computer’s ethernet port. Then power on the modem and then your computer.
- On your computer., launch a web browser and then type modem’s interface address into the browser’s address bar. For instance, type “192.168.1.1” in the address bar and then hit Enter. If you are not sure about the correct IP address then please review the modem documentation.
- To configure the modem, click on the menu option. After this, you have to choose the option that changes the modem to be a bridge or pass-through device, such as “Bridge”, “Bridge mode”, “Bridge PPPoE”, “Bridged Ethernet”, “modem only” or something similar option.
- Once you finish this, click the option to save & then restart the modem.
Configure Dlink Router
- Power off your computer first and then Dlink router. After this, you have to remove the ethernet cable from the modem’s port and then insert one of its ends into the ethernet port of Dlink router. After this, power on your router and then your computer.
- Open the web browser and then type “192.168.0.1” in the address bar and then press Enter key to access the Dlink router web interface.
- Now, you are redirected to Dlink router login page where you have to enter correct login credentials. In the username field box, type “admin” and leave the password field blank. Log into Dlink router setup wizard. On the first screen, you have to tap on “Run Wizard” button.
- To set a password on Dlink router, you have to follow on-screen prompts from the wizard. As the “internet connection type”, you have to choose “PPPoE”.
- In the next step, you have to enter your DSL username & password. Once you finish this, click on Restart button
Connect All Devices
- Power off your computer, Cisco modem and then Dlink router. After this, you have to remove the ethernet cable from the router and your computer. Then you have to insert one end of the ethernet cable into the ethernet port that is present on the back of the modem.
- Now, examine the ports that are located on the back of the router. Locate the port that is labeled as “WAN” or “Internet” and then inserts another end of the ethernet cable into that port.
- Then, power on your Cisco modem and then wait for a minute. After some time, power on your router and then again wait for a minute. Now, power on your computer and then connect it your Dlink router using ethernet connection or wirelessly.
- Once everything connected properly, test if you have internet access or not. If there is no internet connection then immediately contact Dlink Router Helpline or chat with professionals using Dlink Live Chat.
If you face any problem while configuring Dlink router or modem then immediately get in touch with Customer Support for Dlink.
Call Dlink Tech Support Number & Receive Instant Customer Support For Dlink From Certified Experts
Don’t know how to configure Dlink router? Well, don’t get worried, immediately ask for Technical Support for Dlink by calling on Dlink Tech Support Number. There are various complicated issues that a user can resolve and hence instant Customer Support for Dlink is needed.
To enjoy error-free Dlink router, the user can need professional assistance at any time and that you can receive by contacting Customer Support for Dlink. No matter where the user is asking for Technical Support for Dlink, the entire team of troubleshooters is always ready to deliver you instant assistance. In order to get the perfect support at the right time, Customer Support for Dlink is one of the best options from where you can fetch the expected results in no time.