How Do I Configure My Network To Share Files, Folders, And Printers On Network?
Date : Aug 20, 2018
Views : 136
Comments : 0
Category : Network , Printers, Share-files, Dlink Customer Support Number, Dlink Tech Support Number, Dlink Customer Care Support, Dlink Router Troubleshooting, Dlink Technical Support
Network Configuration: A Solution by Technical Support for Dlink
Modern day lifestyle is highly dependent on internet and networks. With the advent of world-class routers like D-link, setting up of your home network to share files, folders, and printers over the network has never been easier. You can configure your Dlink router to your home network in such way that you do not need to physically transfer files using external hard drives, flash drives. Network To Share Files And Printers – You won’t have to reconfigure your printer every time you add a new device to your printer. A configuration of your home network will allow you to share, transfer, print all from any device on your network. In this article, I will discuss detailed configuration methods of your network to avail all these mentioned utilities.
We at Dlink router helpline receives hundreds of calls from worried Dlink router users complaining about their router difficulties. We with the help of our Technical Support for Dlink provide effective troubleshooting assistance as well as complete router solutions. Third party Dlink router help provided by our team of engineers are reliable and efficient. Among all the complaints we receive, quite a lot of them have been about network configuration to include, file and printer sharing. I will discuss it in detail in the following section.
How to Configure Your Home Network to Share Files, Folders, and Printers?
In order to make your home network be able to share files, folders, printers over the network, certain sharing components need to be installed over your network. I will discuss it in detail here.
Verify the Sharing Components are Installed
- Go to your ‘Network and Sharing center’ from the ‘Control panel’ of your computer.
- Once on the main settings page, click on ‘Change Adapter Settings’.
- Right click on the local connection icon on the screen and select ‘Properties’ from the drop-down list.
- In the area below “This connection uses the following items:”, look for ‘File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks’.
- If the above-mentioned sharing component is not available in the list then, click on ‘Install’ > ‘Service’ > ‘Add’ > ‘File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks’. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- If a component is present then make sure it has been checked.
How to Share Files and Folders Over Your Network?
After the installation of the sharing components has been successfully completed, you can make use of the services to share files and folders in just a few clicks;
- Select a file, folder you want to share over the network and right click on it and then select ‘Properties’ from the list.
- On the main ‘Properties’ tab, click on ‘Sharing’ > ‘Advanced Sharing’ and then click share this folder.
- Now a tab will appear, fill in the name of the shared files, then the number of users who can access it along with a comment if you want to add any.
- You can also grant specific permission to access to certain individuals or groups. Click on the ‘Permissions’ tab to add specific user or group.
- For the NTFS file system, you need to verify the security settings to make sure it does not override your sharing permissions. FAT32 does not provide the same level of security.
How to Share Printer?
- Go to ‘Control panel’ > ‘Device & Printers’.
- Right click on your printer device name and select Properties.
- On the properties page, click on ‘Share’ > ‘Share This Printer’
- Under ‘Share Name’ select a shared name to grant access and click OK.
These are some of the points and instructions one needs to abide by, in order to make sure they can make use of their home network to directly send or receive, files & folders over the network. You can also learn how to share your printer with various devices connected to your network. Hopefully, these instructions helped you resolve your query. In case you have any doubt regarding these steps feel free to reach us at our toll-free Dlink router helpline. You can also make use of Dlink Live chat Support service on the main website.
Technical Support For Dlink and Get Efficient Router Services Instantly
We renowned as third party technical support provider online. We boast of a highly successful and satisfied customer base. We make sure to provide the right solution in quick time to help the user get along with their work. We as a service provider also understand the pain and agony of the users if there router machine malfunction at the time of their need or at oddest of hours. Keeping these issues of the users in mind, we have made our services available for 24*7 round the clock and 365 days throughout the year. So, it does not matter if your router starts giving you trouble in the middle of the night. Just pick up your phone and dial our third party toll-free tech support number for Dlink and let our engineers fix the problem for you. We also provide a service guarantee for 1-6 months depending on the nature of the service undertaken by the user. If your router malfunctions in this time-period we will fix it for free of cost. Our services charges are minimal and quite affordable too.